Finding an appropriate pair of running shoes can take the stress off your knees and provide a more enjoyable run. The correct fit will cushion your feet allowing less impact on your joints. Let’s take a look at the top 10 running shoes on the market today.
10. Asics Women’s Gel Kahana 8 Trail Runner
The Asics Gel Kahana 8 Trail Runner shoe for women is a dynamic choice for running and jogging. Complete with gel cushioning to minimize the impact on knees and joints and maximize comfort. The additional arch support also helps to prevent heel pain that can arise due to running. Asics shoe is a great option for all types of runners. Comfortable and full of support, these shoes may run a bit snug so go up a size when purchasing.
- Removable insoles
- Breathable mesh fabric
- SpEVA Midsole Material for durability
- Available in a variety of colors
9. New Balance Men’s 890v6 Running Shoe
The 890v6 running shoe is designed to be explosive. A fan-favorite shoe redesigned as lightweight, comfortable, and fierce. The New Balance 890v6 shoe is a comfortable and maneuverable shoe perfect for long runs or increasing speed. With New Balance, you get a quality product at an affordable price. The solid arch support allows for running on any kind of surface without aches or pains.
- Supportive and removable insoles
- Midsole cushioning to support feet and minimize the impact
- Forefoot strips aimed at increasing speed
8. Hoka One Men’s Clifton 4 Running Shoe
Supportive, yet lightweight, Hoka offers a thick sole with additional support for feet, knees, and joints. The shoe is available in a wide array of vibrant colors and contours to your foot making each run feel like gliding. With a foot-hugging fit, Hoka Clifton 4 Running shoes are supportive and comfortable and hold up well after logging many miles. Designed with additional arch support, these running shoes are a treat if you’ve experienced foot or joint pain in the past.
- Made of a lightweight mesh to keep the foot cooler
- Designed to provide one of a kind arch support
- Extra cushioning with a supportive fit
- Great for runners with foot problems and one of the best running shoes for bad knees
7. Under Armour Men’s HOVR Phantom Running Shoe
The Under Armour Phantom Running Shoe is designed to eliminate the painful impact running can cause. With HOVR foam molded to your feet, you’ll have a comfortable, stable feel that’ll allow a stress-free run. If you’re looking for a shoe that is comfortable and fits like a glove then this is it. With a vast array of colors and sizes, the Under Armour Phantom could easily be mistaken for an everyday shoe. Detailed engineering has created a running shoe that provides support and limited aches and pains.
- Zero gravity feel that helps eliminate the painful impact
- Breathable mesh
- Molded interior that’s comfortable and secure
- Midfoot panel for support and ventilation
6. New Balance Men’s 510v4 Cushioning Trail Running Shoe
This trail-run shoe has extremely supportive elements, along with an all-terrain tread to allow runners to hit the trails without worrying about their footwear. This shoe has a sturdy but lightweight design that was made with trail runners in mind. If you’re looking for a great shoe to take out for a trial run give these New Balance shoes a try. Supportive, yet lightweight, these shoes are comfortable and solid on rocky terrain. The inserts provide additional heel and arch support when running long distances.
- Toe protector
- Comfort insert
- All-terrain tread
- Superior traction
5. Brooks Women’s Adrenaline GTS 19 Running Shoe
This shoe is designed to focus not only on the feet but on the entire body. With cushioning and guide-rails, the Brooks Adrenaline helps relive impact and potential injury to the knees. A soft and durable shoe, it has a modern look that’s priced right. This versatile shoe is perfect for long-distance running. It is a stable shoe that provides comfort and cushioning. The Brooks Adrenaline comes in a wide array of colors and its design is sure to stand out.
- Lightweight fit yet still durable
- Breathable mesh fabric
- Comes in a variety of widths – medium, narrow, wide, and extra-wide
- Solid arch support
4. Salomon Men’s Xa Pro 3D Trail Running Shoes
This all-terrain shoe is great for running and training on outdoor trails. With protective toe caps and traction gripping soles, challenging terrain will be no match for this shoe. Strong and durable but not bulky, these all-terrain running shoes are comfortable and sturdy. With breathable fabric, these shoes can dry out quickly when faced with any weather. If you’re looking for a pair of solid trail running shoes, give these a try.
- Stability for any terrain
- Sturdy with an excellent tread
- Durable yet flexible
- Removable insert
3. New Balance Men’s 680v6 Cushioning Running Shoe
With comfort in mind, New Balance Cushioning Running Shoe provides a performance-based outsole that conforms to the foot and allows for maximum performance. The lightweight fabric makes this a great shoe to lace up and take for a run. New Balance shoes are some of the best to help alleviate any aches and pains. Comfortable and extremely supportive, these shoes are a great purchase to log all those extra miles.
- Breathable mesh fabric
- Removable insert
- Great arch support for every kind of foot
- Lightweight and comfortable
2. Adidas Originals Women’s Falcon Athletic Shoe
A throwback 90s inspired shoe, Adidas designed this chunky but comfortable shoe to provide comfort but also be fashionable. Available in many different colors, you’ll be sure to find one that fits your personality! The Adidas Falcon shoes are perfectly comfortable and very on-trend. They have excellent traction and are a great pick for exercising on any surface. With an affordable price to match, they’re an all-around winner!
- Roomy fit – perfect to add insoles
- Excellent grip and traction
- Added cushioning to provide comfort and support
- Stylish look with a variety of colors and sleek design
- Lightweight style
- Arch support to help prevent heel and foot pain
1. Reebok Men’s Forever Floatride Energy
Without a doubt, the best running shoes for bad knees is the Reebok Forever Floatride Energy. These lightweight, extra cushioning shoes are designed to add speed and comfort to your run. With a breathable mesh fabric, you’ll feel like you’re floating on air. The Reebok Floatride is an affordable, sleek-looking shoe. It provides comfort and versatility while logging running miles. The extra cushioning is key in easing aches and pains associated with jogging. If you’ve had a hard time finding the perfect shoe due to pain in your joints, you won’t be disappointed with this one!
- Foam midsole for support and shock absorption
- Smooth sole designed for longevity
- Simple yet eye-catching design
- Lightweight heel design for stability and comfort during long runs
- Affordable pricing
- Durable but fashionable sneaker with many color options